DescriptionGain practical techniques for conducting investigations, gathering information legally, maintaining objectivity and keeping accurate records.
Get the information you need to support your HR decisions
When a serious performance issue or claim of misconduct arises, HR is called on to take appropriate action. A well-conducted investigation, backed up with solid documentation, can significantly reduce legal risk. It takes skill to collect useful information, maintain objectivity, and document situations in a defensible manner. This workshop offers practical techniques for gathering information legally, preparing documentation, and maintaining those records you need to support your actions.
Following this course you will be able to:
- Know when and how to conduct an investigation
- Know why documentation is so important
- Understand the legal issues affecting documentation
- Draft warnings and correction memos
- Know what to keep in the personnel file and for how long
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Human Resource Generalist Certificate : Required Courses