DescriptionUnderstand how people use the web to acquire the tools to take a marketing approach in writing effective web site copy.
Write concise, compelling web site copy
When writing for the web, "less is more." That's because users don't read web sites; they scan and select the information they seek. As a writer, reader, or approver of web copy, you will learn the top ten tips for writing good web copy, content development planning, audience focus, content organization that facilitates scanning, web navigation principles, and effective use of headings, titles, labels, and hyperlinks. You are encouraged to bring web copy samples. This is not a web development course.
Following this course you will be able to:
- Understand how people really use the web
- Take a marketing approach to web copy
- Plan effectively for web content
- Incorporate tenets of good web writing
- Apply principles of web navigation and organization