DescriptionUnderstand how project management processes are used to produce a plan that will deliver an IT project on time, within budget and scope.
Deliver functional software projects on time, and within budget and scope
This course is intended to provide a broad overview of the concepts and practices used to effectively manage software development projects in today's fast-paced IT environment. It covers the basic concepts of project management processes, and integrates them with the software development life cycle.
Participants will gain an understanding of how the project management processes are used during the phases of a project to produce a plan that will deliver an IT project on time, within budget, and within scope. Through the use of case studies, class discussions, and lectures, participants will have the opportunity to directly apply these best practices.
Following this course you will be able to:
- Define the phases and deliverables of both the project management and system development life cycles
- Build an effective Work Breakdown Structure
- Develop an effective project plan and requirements document
- Learn how to identify, quantify, and manage risk
- Understand how to monitor and control schedules
- Describe the importance of a project closeout process
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Project Management Certificate : Elective