DescriptionLearn how to hone editing and proofreading skills to maximize professionalism and quality.
Maximize professionalism and quality by honing your editing and proofreading skills.
Are you responsible for writing that thousands of people will see? Or that just one incredibly important reader will see? Has lifting your writing's impact and eliminating errors become critically important? This course will ensure you can meet those needs.
You will build beyond the routine editing and proofreading approaches you may have learned in other courses. You will create a flexible toolkit you can rely on to make the excellence in your writing stand out, impressing any internal or external competition. Most importantly, readers will find your writing consistently appealing, professional, and persuasive.
Following this course you will be able to:
- Know and effectively use the differences between editing and proofreading
- Edit documents in customized sweeps
- Develop a tailored proofreading approach that works given your varied writing responsibilities
- Update your knowledge of punctuation guidelines
- Review the chief differences comparing MLA, Chicago, AP, APA, and Gregg Reference
- Assess where your strengths and areas for improvements are
CANCELLATIONS are subject to a ten-percent processing fee if received 5 or fewer working days before the program start. REFUNDS are not granted if you cancel on or after the first day of the program. Notice may be faxed to (612) 624-5359.
To register for all courses at once and receive a 10% discount, click on the Business Writing Certificate link below.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Business Writing Certificate : Required Courses (Choose 5)