DescriptionComprehend and evaluate business problems and solutions to become a strategic business partner in your organization.
Improve success by aligning with the larger goals of the organization
How do your everyday actions impact the business? This course offers a view of business acumen from a business leadership perspective. This course will look at and simulate key business decisions and influences that enable strategic alignment and support. The course includes the business case for work efforts, how they are selected, linkage to strategy, culture, marketing and finance. The course is highly interactive and involves work in small groups completing simulations.
- Understand how your work impacts the bottom line of an organization
- Understand how your role and work links to overall strategic direction
- Influence up by describing and applying strategic alignment to business decisions, communications, everyday interactions with colleagues
- Understand what KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) are and how these link from the very top of the business leadership through to technology and work efforts
- Describe how the work efforts deliver value to the business at the enterprise level
- Discuss and apply methods of evaluating the cost/benefit of work efforts and projects
- Describe how business initiatives are selected and funded