DescriptionUse core concepts and methods to increase the success of any project
Virtually any effort, large and small needs the application of fundamental systems engineering methods to be successful. Many projects, development efforts and even business ventures fail due to a lack of awareness and application of core systems engineering principles. Systems engineering is the framework that forms the driving information for any effort and then provides the glue and structure to integrate all parts of a project to ensure the intended outcome results. Project managers, business analysts, project sponsors and virtually anyone that deals with team efforts will benefit from both the awareness of core systems engineering functions as well as the basic SE skills building provided by this course. Systems engineering is a missing success factor in many projects and development efforts and this course will provide the student with the knowledge and skills to effectively employ this critically essential management discipline.
Following this course you will be able to:
- Understand systems, their dimensions and the role of different system stakeholders
- Identify requirements, alternative solution trades, system level design, requirements allocation and management of parallel developments
- Understand the system lifecycle and the system development process
- Recognize what systems engineering work must precede any project start
- Apply core systems engineering principles to your projects