What's that you say? Sorry, my ear plugs are still in!
If your company has an Occupational Hearing Conservation program, this course is for you. If you are a nurse or an allied medical and industrial health practitioner, you will learn to perform pure tone air conduction hearing tests and other associated duties of the Occupational Hearing Conservationist (OHC) as a member of the occupational hearing conservation team.
All participants will have ample opportunity to practice hearing testing utilizing a variety of audiometry equipment with one-on-one instruction from the faculty.
Midwest Center for Occupational Health and Safety - Continuing Education Units (CEUs): 2.0 CEUs.
Nurses - This activity has been designed to meet the Minnesota Board of Nursing continuing education requirements for 24 (50 minute) contact hours.
Safety Professionals - This course is designed to meet the criteria for Continuance of Certification (COC) as specified by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP).
As a result of this learning activity, I am able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in pure tone hearing threshold testing techniques on manual and microprocessor audiometers
- Describe basic ear anatomy/physiology as well as how to perform an otoscopic exam
- List parameters of sound as they relate to hearing testing
- List various aspects of industrial hearing conservation programs, employee education, and federal and state regulations
- Review updated information regarding current instrumentation and products
This course will be held at:
2221 University Avenue SE, Suite 114/116
Minneapolis, MN 55414
For questions regarding this course, please call 612-626-7306 or email firstname.lastname@example.org