Food Defense and Intentional Adulteration Training
Online, Instructor-led via Zoom
January 18-22, 2021
The Food Defense and Intentional Adulteration Rule training hosted by the Food Protection and Defense Institute provides the convenience and interaction of a single, comprehensive instructor-led class to learn the breadth and interconnections of IA Rule requirements in an integrated and interactive forum.
- Food Defense Introduction and Global Importance
- Intentional Adulteration Rule Basics
- Food Defense Risk Analysis Model
- Building Food Defense Plans*
- Vulnerability Assessments
- Key Activity Types
- FSPCA Intentional Adulteration Conducting Vulnerability Assessment (IAVA) Course**
- Mitigation Strategies Identification and Explanation
- Mitigation Strategies Management Components
- Plan Reanalysis
- Vulnerability Assessments
- Food Defense Preparedness Program
The course explains and facilitates practice sessions for all tasks where the IA Rule requires food defense qualified individuals to “have successfully completed training for the specific function at least equivalent to that received under a standardized curriculum recognized as adequate by FDA or be otherwise qualified through job experience to conduct the activities” (21 CFR 121.4(c)(2)).
- The interactive, live, online course will be conducted over five 4-hour mornings.
- Participants are expected to fully participate during the entire course in order to earn both the FPDI and FSPCA certificates of training. Participation means that you are fully attentive during presentations, ask and answer questions, participate in group activities, and engage in discussions. This is similar to in person trainings.
- Your connecting device must have a functioning camera. The FSPCA certification requires that you be visible via your webcam during the IAVA portion of the training. We highly encourage the use of the webcam during the FPDI portions of the course to facilitate ease of learning and engagement with the instructors.
- FSPCA will request that you submit a course evaluation within 72 hours of course completion.
- Members of the FSPCA leadership team may audit the FSPCA IAVA portion of the course (days 3 and 4).
Date: January 18-22, 2022
Time: 8:30AM - 12:30PM CT each day
Location: Online via Zoom
Registration Fee: $890
Intended Audience: Food Industry Professionals: Food Safety, Food Defense, and Food Security Personnel
Learning Level: Beginner, Intermediate
Registration Closes: January 8, 2021
*The IA Rule requires that individuals conducting or overseeing these tasks “have successfully completed training for the specific function at least equivalent to that received under a standardized curriculum recognized as adequate by FDA or be otherwise qualified through job experience to conduct the activities” (21 CFR 121.4(c)(2)). FPDI works diligently to assure our training program approach, detail, and materials are regularly updated to align with the most current interpretation and guidance for the IA Rule. As such, we believe that our program meets the IA rule training requirement of at least equivalent to the FDA standardized curriculum.
**The IAVA training developed by the FSPCA is the “standardized curriculum” recognized by FDA and successfully completing this course is one way to meet the training requirement for conducting vulnerability assessments by the three fundamental element approach.
Once your transaction is successfully completed, you will receive a receipt and access link to the course by email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not receive these emails, check your SPAM folder. Contact FPDI if you have any questions.