DescriptionUse the power of storytelling (orally versus a written format) to influence and inspire.
Whether you need someone to back your organization, invest in your idea, or get excited about following your lead, storytelling can position you to succeed. Stories can bring meaning to an organization’s brand, illustrate core values in action, emphasize the need to change, or reflect an organization’s mission, purpose, and strategy.
This course will help you create engaging stories that inspire your audience. By identifying your key stakeholders, their needs, and your big idea, you will be able to create a powerful story that moves people. You will explore different mediums for telling your story, learn how to create several versions in order to engage others in the process, and practice playing with tone and style to maximize the impact of storytelling.
Following this course, you will be able to:
- Verbalize stories and use a specific set of storytelling skills so that you connect with the head and hearts of your audience
- Develop, rehearse, and receive feedback on a personal story so that you can build a collection of stories to be used in a variety of situations
- Use a four-step process to integrate story into presentations for change, work, and other situations
- Be self-assured in using stories, especially personal versions, as a part of your communication toolkit
- Understand how to grab attention, create emotion, and inspire action
Refund Policy: CANCELLATIONS are subject to a ten-percent processing fee if received 5 or fewer working days before the program start. REFUNDS are not granted if you cancel on or after the first day of the program. Notice may be faxed to (612) 624-5359.