The Basic Horse Nutrition Online Certificate Course is a semi self-paced, six week certificate course (starting January 14) focused on developing an understanding of how the anatomy and physiology of the horse’s gastrointestinal tract interacts with the utilization of feedstuffs and the horse’s nutritional requirements. Topics will include the horse GI tract, feeding behavior, key nutrients, types of feedstuffs, reading a feed tag, and feeding young, adult, aged, performance and diseased horses. To earn a certificate, participants must earn ≥70% on three 10-point multiple choice quizzes and participate in three online course discussions.
REGISTRATION REQUIRED BY JANUARY 13, 2019 (11:59 PM, CST)
GUEST ACCOUNT/LOGIN HELP
The online course is recommended for adult learners (ages 18 and older), but is open to everyone.
2019 COURSE SCHEDULE:
- Week of January 14th: Feeding Behavior and Equine Gastrointestinal Tract; Quiz #1
- Week of January 21st: Key Nutrients; Discussion #1
- Week of January 28th: Common and Alternative Feedstuffs; Quiz #2
- Week of February 4th: Understanding Feed tags; Discussion #2
- Week of February 11th: Feeding Young, Adult, Performance and Aged Horse; Quiz #3
- Week of February 18th: Feeding Horses with Special Needs; Discussion #3