The Online Growing and Feeding Horse Hay Certificate Course is a semi self-paced, six week certificate course (starting January 8) focused on feeding and managing horse hay in the upper Midwest. Topics include hay field establishment and management, harvesting and storing high quality hay, submitting and interpreting an equine hay analysis, tips on buying and selling hay, hay options for diseased horses, and hay feeding and estimating hay needs. To earn a certificate, participants must earn ≥70% on three 10-point multiple choice quizzes and participate in three online course discussions.
REGISTRATION REQUIRED BY JANUARY 7, 2018 (11:59 PM, CST)
The online course is recommended for adult learners (ages 18 and older), but is open to everyone.
2018 COURSE SCHEDULE:
- Week of January 8th: Hay Field Establishment and Management; Quiz #1
- Week of January 15th: Harvesting and Storing High Quality Hay; Discussion #1
- Week of January 22nd: Submitting and Interpreting an Equine Hay Analysis; Quiz #2
- Week of January 29th: Hay Options for Diseased Horses; Discussion #2
- Week of February 5th: Hay Feeding and Estimating Hay Needs; Quiz #3
- Week of February 12th: Tips on Buying and Selling Hay; Discussion #3