The Growing and Feeding Horse Hay Online Certificate Course is a semi self-paced, six week certificate course (starting January 14) focused on feeding and managing horse hay in the upper Midwest. Topics include hay field establishment and management, harvesting and storing high quality hay, submitting and interpreting an equine hay analysis, tips on buying and selling hay, hay options for diseased horses, and hay feeding and estimating hay needs. To earn a certificate, participants must earn ≥70% on three 10-point multiple choice quizzes and participate in three online course discussions.
REGISTRATION REQUIRED BY JANUARY 13, 2019 (11:59 PM, CST)
GUEST ACCOUNT/LOGIN HELP
The online course is recommended for adult learners (ages 18 and older), but is open to everyone.
2019 COURSE SCHEDULE:
- Week of January 14th: Hay Field Establishment and Management; Quiz #1
- Week of January 21st: Harvesting and Storing High Quality Hay; Discussion #1
- Week of January 28th: Submitting and Interpreting an Equine Hay Analysis; Quiz #2
- Week of February 4th: Hay Options for Diseased Horses; Discussion #2
- Week of February 11th: Hay Feeding and Estimating Hay Needs; Quiz #3
- Week of February 18th: Tips on Buying and Selling Hay; Discussion #3