The Online Horse Pasture Establishment and Management Certificate Course is a semi self-paced, six week certificate course (starting January 8) focused on establishing and managing horse pastures in the upper Midwest. Topics will include pasture layout and design, pasture establishment, pasture management, estimating pasture intake, managing diseased horses on pasture, and pasture resources and research update. To earn a certificate, participants must earn ≥70% on three 10-point multiple choice quizzes and participate in three online course discussions.
REGISTRATION REQUIRED BY JANUARY 7, 2018 (11:59 PM, CST)
The online course is recommended for adult learners (ages 18 and older), but is open to everyone.
2018 COURSE SCHEDULE:
- Week of January 8th: Pasture Layout and Design; Discussion #1
- Week of January 15th: Pasture Establishment; Quiz #1
- Week of January 22nd: Pasture Management; Discussion #2
- Week of January 29th: Estimating Pasture Intake; Quiz #2
- Week of February 5th: Managing Diseased Horses on Pasture; Discussion #3
- Week of February 12th: Pasture Research Updates and Available Resources; Quiz #3