The Horse Pasture Establishment and Management Online Certificate Course is a semi self-paced, six week certificate course (starting January 14) focused on establishing and managing horse pastures in the upper Midwest. Topics will include pasture layout and design, pasture establishment, pasture management, estimating pasture intake, managing diseased horses on pasture, and pasture resources and research update. To earn a certificate, participants must earn ≥70% on three 10-point multiple choice quizzes and participate in three online course discussions.
REGISTRATION REQUIRED BY JANUARY 13, 2019 (11:59 PM, CST)
GUEST ACCOUNT/LOGIN HELP
The online course is recommended for adult learners (ages 18 and older), but is open to everyone.
2019 COURSE SCHEDULE:
- Week of January 14th: Pasture Layout and Design; Discussion #1
- Week of January 21st: Pasture Establishment; Quiz #1
- Week of January 28th: Pasture Management; Discussion #2
- Week of February 4th: Estimating Pasture Intake; Quiz #2
- Week of February 11th: Managing Diseased Horses on Pasture; Discussion #3
- Week of February 18th: Pasture Research Updates and Available Resources; Quiz #3