DescriptionAchieve mutually satisfying agreements.
Since negotiation touches all aspects of life and business, developing excellent negotiation skills can put you at an advantage in your personal and professional life.
This course will teach you proven negotiation tactics and how to apply them in everyday situations. You’ll learn about the negotiation process, planning a negotiation session, preparing for a negotiation, and developing a negotiation strategy. You’ll also receive plenty of hands-on practice, as well as valuable tips for building your strengths as a negotiator.
The goal of this course is to give you the communication skills you need to achieve mutually satisfying agreements that leave everyone feeling like winners.
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- evaluate your own and others' negotiation styles.
- establish common goals through clear communication.
- recognize hidden needs and agendas.
- control your emotions during a negotiation.
- counteract negotiation ploys and pressure tactics.
- make concessions without giving in.
Registering yourself with a credit card or U of M EFS number?
Select your preferred section and click Add to Cart.
Registering others or via other means (check, invoice, third-party credit card)?
Register using the Other Payment Type Form