DescriptionLearn the components of an effective compensation system.
Compensation is intended to attract, retain, and reward employees. And it’s almost as much an art as a science. As an HR generalist, you need a clear understanding of the logic behind various strategies to administer compensation plans and explain decisions.
In this course, you’ll learn about the key components of a compensation plan, the laws that impact compensation, use of salary survey data, union influence, sales and executive compensation issues, and factors in a successful compensation program.
This course is designed for an HR generalist or representative who has little or no background in compensation and wants a broad overview of compensation practices and trends.
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- understand the role of compensation and laws impacting compensation.
- identify the components of an effective compensation system.
- evaluate salary survey data.
- explore the factors of a successful compensation program.
Registering yourself with a credit card or U of M EFS number?
Select your preferred section and click Add to Cart.
Registering others or via other means (check, invoice, third-party credit card)?
Register using the Other Payment Type Form
Applies Toward the Following:
- Human Resource Generalist Certificate : Required Courses