DescriptionStart new hires off right.
Orientation, or the lack of it, can significantly influence a new employee's performance, attitude, and sense of commitment. This course examines orientation from three perspectives: the organization's, the manager's, and the new employee's.
Whether you're starting an orientation program from scratch or revising an existing program, this course will give you valuable tips on what to include in an orientation program, how to present it, and whom to involve in the process. You will tackle typical challenges associated with orientation and receive a variety of orientation samples and checklists.
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- understand the benefits of the orientation process.
- monitor, evaluate, and update the orientation process.
- determine the proper volume and speed of information to give new hires.
- explore creative ways to impart information.
- get managers, coworkers, and new hires involved in the orientation process.
Registering yourself with a credit card or U of M EFS number?
Select your preferred section and click Add to Cart.
Registering others or via other means (check, invoice, third-party credit card)?
Register using the Other Payment Type Form
Applies Toward the Following:
- Human Resource Generalist Certificate : Required Courses