DescriptionGain valuable tips on creating new employee orientation programs that influence a new employee's performance, attitude and sense of commitment.
Start new hires off right
Orientation, or the lack of it, can significantly influence a new employee's performance, attitude, and sense of commitment. This course examines orientation from three perspectives: the organization's, the manager's, and the new employee's. Whether you're starting an orientation program from scratch or revising an existing program, this course will give you valuable tips on what to include in an orientation program, how to present it, and whom to involve in the process. You will tackle typical challenges associated with orientation and receive a variety of orientation samples and checklists.
Following this course you will be able to:
- Understand the benefits of the orientation process
- Determine what to include in orientation: How much? How soon?
- Explore creative ways to impart information
- Get managers, co-workers, and new hires involved in the process
- Monitor, evaluate, and update the orientation process
CANCELLATIONS are subject to a ten-percent processing fee if received 5 or fewer working days before the program start. REFUNDS are not granted if you cancel on or after the first day of the program. Notice may be faxed to (612) 624-5359.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Human Resource Generalist Certificate : Required Courses