DescriptionGet the information you need to support your HR decisions.
When a serious performance issue or claim of misconduct arises, HR is called on to take appropriate action. A well-conducted investigation, backed up with solid documentation, can significantly reduce legal risk.
This course will teach you practical techniques for gathering information legally, preparing documentation, and keeping the records you need to support your actions. You’ll learn how to collect useful, accurate information, maintain objectivity, and document situations in a defensible manner.
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- know when and how to conduct an investigation.
- recognize the importance of documentation.
- understand the legal issues affecting documentation.
- draft warnings and correction memos.
- effectively maintain personnel files.
Registering yourself with a credit card or U of M EFS number?
Select your preferred section and click Add to Cart.
Registering others or via other means (check, invoice, third-party credit card)?
Register using the Other Payment Type Form
Applies Toward the Following:
- Human Resource Generalist Certificate : Required Courses