DescriptionBegin your projects with a focus on success.
Many problems that arise in the course of a project can be solved by proper project planning ahead of time.
This course will teach you the dynamics of project initiation so that every project you start will be set up to succeed. You’ll learn how to communicate with stakeholders, analyze the organization, develop a budget, and identify roles and responsibilities during the critical planning stages of your projects. You will learn how to be proactive, align your projects with corporate goals, and influence others to assist you in completing your projects.
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- define the organizational context for project managers.
- identify how your project fits into the organization’s strategy and how projects are selected and prioritized.
- describe the project manager’s role in developing an effective project charter.
- analyze the role of external documents, such as the business case and project statement of work (SOW).
- learn how to identify stakeholders and their requirements and devise strategies for engaging them.
Registering yourself with a credit card or U of M EFS number?
Select your preferred section and click Add to Cart.
Registering others or via other means (check, invoice, third-party credit card)?
Register using the Other Payment Type Form
Applies Toward the Following:
- Project Management Certificate : Required