DescriptionLearn how to communicate with stakeholders, analyze the organization, develop a budget and identify roles and responsibilities during the critical planning stages of your projects.
Begin your projects with the focus on success
Project managers are constantly challenged by difficult requirements, impossible schedules, and inadequate budgets. However, project managers may not realize that some of the challenges they face may be created by their own inaction early in the project development cycle. Discovering the dynamics of project initiation will help you increase your personal success rate on projects. You will learn how to act in a proactive manner that will enable you to be successful when beginning a project, as well as how to align your projects with corporate goals to enhance your ability to influence others to assist you in their completion.
Following this course you will be able to:
- Define the organizational context for project managers
- Identify how your project fits into the organization's strategy and how projects are selected and prioritized
- Analyze the role of external documents such as the business case and project statement of work (SOW)
- Understand the project manager's role in developing an effective project charter
- Learn how to identify stakeholders and their requirements and devise strategies for engaging them
CANCELLATIONS are subject to a ten-percent processing fee if received 5 or fewer working days before the program start. REFUNDS are not granted if you cancel on or after the first day of the program. Notice may be faxed to (612) 624-5359.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Project Management Certificate : Required