DescriptionLearn how employee labor relations relate to the legal context of employee relations and gain a greater understanding of your role in employee advocacy.
Build positive employee relations
As the trend of using human resource generalists instead of specialists continues, there is a good possibility that organizations will de-emphasize or devalue the importance of employee relations. If organizations ignore the role of employee advocacy, there will be a spiraling escalation of negative employee relations that will be costly to the organization, and create unnecessary job dissatisfaction and stress for the employee. That's why it's so important we not lose sight of such crucial employee and supervisor/manager relationships, including communication, trust, ethics, fairness, beliefs, expectations, conflict resolution, career development, leadership, and many others.
In this program you will gain a thorough overview of employee labor relations as it relates to the legal context and a greater understanding of your role in employee advocacy.
Following this course you will be able to:
- Understand the basics of U.S. labor relations, as well as legal and regulatory factors of employee and labor relations
- Discuss key employment case law
- Explore the impact of employee relations and the organization's culture
- Understand the motivations for employees to join or not join unions
- Learn how to deal with union organizing campaign activities
CANCELLATIONS are subject to a ten-percent processing fee if received 5 or fewer working days before the program start. REFUNDS are not granted if you cancel on or after the first day of the program. Notice may be faxed to (612) 624-5359.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Human Resource Generalist Certificate : Required Courses