DescriptionBuild positive employee relationships.
HR’s role in positive employee relations is essential, since it creates less stress, improves job satisfaction, and can lessen the organizational costs associated with poor employee relationships.
This course will teach you how to manage crucial employee and supervisor/manager relationships by focusing on a variety of topics: communication, trust, ethics, fairness, beliefs, expectations, conflict resolution, career development, leadership, and many others. In this course you will gain a thorough overview of employee labor relations, as they relate to the legal context, and a greater understanding of HR’s role in employee advocacy.
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- understand the basics of US labor relations, as well as legal and regulatory factors of employee and labor relations.
- discuss key employment case law.
- explore the impact of employee relations and the organization's culture.
- understand the motivations for employees to join or not join unions.
- learn how to deal with union organizing campaign activities.
Registering yourself with a credit card or U of M EFS number?
Select your preferred section and click Add to Cart.
Registering others or via other means (check, invoice, third-party credit card)?
Register using the Other Payment Type Form
Applies Toward the Following:
- Human Resource Generalist Certificate : Required Courses