DescriptionDevelop a strategic plan to achieve results.
Strategy involves looking up from day-to-day business to look at the future. To make a strategy work, an organization needs managers at all levels who understand the planning process, know what it means to think and act strategically, and can implement the process in their own work units - aligning the work and the workers with the strategic goal. Gain the necessary skills to examine your external environment and driving forces in the near and longer term, and understand how they affect your core business strategy, operational and financial goals, and people-centered processes. Explore measurement systems that provide feedback on internal business processes as well as external outcomes in order to continuously improve strategic performance and results.
Following this course you will be able to:
- Understand strategic planning from both a departmental and organizational perspective
- Use accepted processes to identify and prioritize opportunities to correctly establish a strategic plan
- Develop appropriate measurement frameworks, such as balanced scorecard
- Translate strategic thinking and innovation into implemented plans and programs
- Align action plans with core company processes (strategy, operations, financial, people and systems)
CANCELLATIONS are subject to a ten-percent processing fee if received 5 or fewer working days before the program start. REFUNDS are not granted if you cancel on or after the first day of the program. Notice may be faxed to (612) 624-5359.
Applies Toward the Following:
- Management Practices Certificate : Required