DescriptionLearn how to write concise, professional reports and proposals that effectively inform and persuade readers.
Create business reports and proposals that communicate clearly and produce desired actions Report and proposal writing can play essential roles in your careers. This course will help you to plan, draft, and edit these crucial documents so that they are reader-friendly. You will learn what distinguishes different types of proposals and reports, such as progress reports, feasibility reports, and recommendation reports. Whether you are responding to a request for proposal (RFP) or creating one from scratch, you’ll pick tips that will make your proposal stand out and win the business. You will learn to select the appropriate level of detail and write objectively. Short or long, your reports and proposals will have stronger impact when you put to work this course’s new skills.
Following this course you will be able to:
- Clarify the purposes of varied proposals and reports
- Determine what your reader needs to know to make informed decisions
- Understand your audience and adopt appropriate writing styles
- Guide readers by providing appropriate background information
- Present unbiased facts and data clearly and concisely
- Structure your analysis and recommendations to produce desired action
- Develop effective executive summaries
- Use a systematic approach to review, revise, and edit reports
CANCELLATIONS are subject to a ten-percent processing fee if received 5 or fewer working days before the program start. REFUNDS are not granted if you cancel on or after the first day of the program. Notice may be faxed to (612) 624-5359.
To register for all courses at once and receive a 10% discount, click on the Business Writing, Communications, Management Practices, or Supervision Certificate link below.