DescriptionBegin by understanding what a project is, how you can improve your role as a better project manager, while building a solid foundation of the project management essentials.
Build a solid knowledge base in project management principles
A solid foundation in project management requires a complete understanding of the multiple aspects of managing projects including the role of the project manager, types of projects and organizations, stages of a project, terminology, and the process and interactive skills expected of a good project manager. This course provides a framework for anyone who lacks formal training in the field, but finds themselves involved in a project as a sponsor, manager, or team member. It includes an overview of the Project Management Certificate and how each course contributes to your skill as a project manager.
Following this course you will be able to:
- Be aware of the multiple dimensions of project management
- Understand the role of the project manager
- Understand different types of organizations and how they affect project management
- Understand project phases and what needs to happen at each
- Be introduced to the ten knowledge areas in the Project Management Body of Knowledge PMBOK® Guide
PMBOK® Guide is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute.
CANCELLATIONS are subject to a ten-percent processing fee if received 5 or fewer working days before the program start. REFUNDS are not granted if you cancel on or after the first day of the program. Notice may be faxed to (612) 624-5359.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Project Management Certificate : Required