DescriptionMinimize and navigate risks in projects.
Many project managers struggle with the complexities of their organization and find themselves working harder and harder, but getting less accomplished toward project objectives.
As you will learn in this course, the fundamental cause of this inefficiency is the chaos inherent within an organization. This course will introduce you to chaos theory, complex systems, and the emergent behavior of an organization. You will also develop strategies for managing stress and minimizing risk in a chaotic environment.
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- describe how complex systems and chaos manifest in your organization.
- recognize emergent behavior in your organization.
- identify where and when chaos is likely to occur.
- develop risk mitigation schemes for your work.
- manage your work and life within a chaotic environment.
- recognize and avoid common problems caused by chaos.
Registering yourself with a credit card or U of M EFS number?
Select your preferred section and click Add to Cart.
Registering others or via other means (check, invoice, third-party credit card)?
Register using the Other Payment Type Form
Applies Toward the Following:
- Project Management Certificate : Elective