DescriptionTake new products from concept to product.
New product development is a disciplined and defined set of tasks and steps that describe the normal means by which a company converts embryonic ideas into salable products or services. This course describes the overall process of strategy, organization, concept generation, product and marketing plan creation and evaluation, and commercialization of a new product. In the course, you will learn the key success factors in new product development, and discover ways to bring those factors to bear in your own organization.
Following this course you will be able to:
- Distinguish between innovation and invention
- Recognize and apply a number of techniques used to generate and screen new product ideas
- Develop a clear marketing strategy for a selected new product idea, while taking into account the major factors contributing to success and failure in new product development
- Develop an action plan for improving NPD in your business
- Use success factors in NPD: corporate strategy, strategic management, cultural factors, organizational structure, information, uncertainty management, people and process
CANCELLATIONS are subject to a ten-percent processing fee if received 5 or fewer working days before the program start. REFUNDS are not granted if you cancel on or after the first day of the program. Notice may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (612) 624-5359.
Applies Toward the Following:
- Project Management Certificate : Elective