DescriptionLearn process mapping and how to review processes for improvement.
Organizations are structured and managed as collections of specialized functions, each of which has expertise to contribute to the overall advancement of the enterprise. All enterprises exist to create value for customers and stakeholders, but it is not functions that create value, but processes.
This course will help you lay the groundwork in process mapping and teach you how to analyze your process maps. You’ll learn how to look beyond local activities and develop a clear line of sight to customers and their requirements, ultimately gaining a fresh, global perspective of how your enterprise can better meet the needs of its customers.
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- define how processes interact in a larger system.
- identify the strengths and weaknesses of any process.
- use mapping methods to streamline and standardize processes.
- analyze whether processes need improvement or redesign.
- clearly define the role of IT in Business Process Management.
Registering yourself with a credit card or U of M EFS number?
Select your preferred section and click Add to Cart.
Registering others or via other means (check, invoice, third-party credit card)?
Register using the Other Payment Type Form
Applies Toward the Following:
- Business Process Improvement Certificate : Required Courses