The University of Minnesota respects the privacy of website visitors to the extent permitted by law. The online privacy statement is intended to inform you of what information is collected by this website and how the information is used.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
For security purposes and to ensure that the website remains available to all users, the University uses software to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
The University collects non-personal information about your Internet connection on this website, including but not limited to:
- The Internet Protocol (IP) and the name of the Internet domain you used to access the Internet
- The IP address or URL of the website from which you directly linked to this website
- The date and time you accessed this website
- The pages visited on this website
- The browser and operating system you used to access this website
- The search terms used on our search engine
- The University may share information from cookies and non-personally identifiable information with third-party advertising and analytics companies to deliver advertising on websites across the internet.
The University uses this non-personal information to help manage the website and improve service.
Personally Identifiable Information
Information collected here is private data. Required items are used for identification purposes to establish your record. An e-mail address, address, and telephone number are required and are used to confirm your registration. They may be used to contact you with important updates regarding the event(s) you are registered for. The remaining items are voluntary and are used for positive identification or to provide you with better service. Failure to provide voluntary information will have no effect on your registration. Information may be shared with the Registrar's office and other University offices for uses related to event management, record keeping, and reporting.
Our data gathering and dissemination are governed by state and federal laws, including the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act, Minnesota Statutes, Chapter 13. Personally, identifiable information is not released to external parties without your consent unless required by law.
- We may redirect your inquiry to another person, institution, or agency to answer your question.
- We do not sell, rent, trade, or distribute any personally identifiable information obtained from visitors to a third party, except as required by law.
- We only share personal information when required by University policy or law.
- When appropriate, the University uses encryption technologies, user authentication systems, and access control mechanisms.
- If you link yourself with an employer, group, or professional association in order to get a discounted price or an invoiced account, you are providing us permission to share applicable registration and profile information with that employer, group, or professional organization.
- You have the ability to edit your account information and preferences at any time. Since your profile here is distinct from your credit- or employee-based profile, faculty, staff, and degree-seeking students may maintain different contact information in this system than what is displayed in your MyU employment or degree-seeking records. Log in to your Learner Profile to change your preferences.