DescriptionUnderstand your role and responsibilities as a manager and improve your leadership effectiveness.
In order to meet management challenges, managers need a solid foundation in the key functions of management: planning, organizing, leading, and controlling.
This practical course examines these functions and teaches you the skills you need to be a successful manager, including how to address common management challenges such as delegation, managing priorities, and dealing with performance issues. You will learn how to adapt your leadership style for maximum effectiveness You will also receive feedback on your leadership style preferences.
Ultimately, this course will teach you how to increase your personal effectiveness as a manager and improve the performance of the individuals and teams you lead.
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- understand your role and responsibilities as a manager.
- set goals, establish standards, and measure performance.
- manage time, priorities, and meetings effectively.
- delegate to achieve results.
- adapt your leadership style for maximum effectiveness.
- develop the individual capabilities of your staff.
Registering yourself with a credit card or U of M EFS number?
Select your preferred section and click Add to Cart.
Registering others or via other means (check, invoice, third-party credit card)?
Register using the Other Payment Type Form
Applies Toward the Following:
- Management Practices Certificate : Required