DescriptionUnderstand your role and responsibilities as a manager.
Managers need a solid foundation in the key functions of management - planning, organizing, leading, and controlling - to meet management challenges. This practical course examines these functions and translates them into the skills needed to perform successfully. You will learn how to take a "situational approach" to leadership-that is, how to choose a leadership style that is appropriate and effective for the situation. Using the Leader Behavior Analysis II (LBAII), you'll also gain an understanding of how others perceive and experience your style. This course is designed for managers who want to increase their personal effectiveness and the performance of their work groups.
*Prerequisite for other courses in the Management Certificate
Following this course you will be able to:
- Understand your role and responsibilities as a manager
- Set goals, establish standards, and measure performance
- Manage time and meetings effectively
- Delegate to achieve results
- Use situational leadership in your work setting
- Develop and coach your staff
CANCELLATIONS are subject to a ten-percent processing fee if received 5 or fewer working days before the program start. REFUNDS are not granted if you cancel on or after the first day of the program. Notice may be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to (612) 624-5359.
Applies Toward the Following:
- Management Practices Certificate : Required