CERT X397 - Communicating Across Cultures
DescriptionCommunicate effectively on cross-cultural teams.
In our increasingly globalized workplaces, effective intercultural communication is more important than ever. Our varied workplace dynamics create new challenges such as understanding diverse national cultures, different organizational and job function cultures, multiple languages, time zones, and virtual communication. Effective communication across cultures positively impacts leadership, inclusive teams, and employee engagement and productivity.
Using a cultural intelligence (CQ) framework, this course will help you identify your biggest challenges and explore the best practices for overcoming cross-cultural issues in a variety of settings. You will be invited to complete a self-assessment before the class.
While we will focus on high-level awareness skills for a wide range of participant interests, you will have opportunities to identify questions to ask and prioritize which next steps to take to continue your learning on specific cultures of interest to you.
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Evaluate and apply your orientation to ten cultural value dimensions to improve your communication across cultures.
- Analyze your assessment report results to increase your awareness of how to effectively use your CQ Drive, Knowledge, Strategy and Action to interact with others in meaningful ways.
- Prioritize your cultural intelligence strengths and opportunities and create a development plan.
Registering yourself with a credit card or U of M EFS number?
Select your preferred section and click Add to Cart.
Registering others or via other means (check, invoice, third-party credit card)?
Register using the Other Payment Type Form
Applies Toward the Following:
- Communications Certificate : Required Courses
- Leadership Essentials Certificate : Electives
- Project Management Certificate : Elective