DescriptionMaster verbal and nonverbal language skills
In face-to-face communication, it's not only what you say that matters, but also how you say it - the way you look, sound, and act. This practical course takes the guesswork out of effective communication and demonstrates how to improve face-to-face communication skills. Through a series of on-your-feet exercises, you will learn how to say what you mean, offer constructive feedback, defuse counter-productive power struggles, and deal with difficult communication situations, all in a professional manner. Through hands-on participation and customized role playing you will acquire tools and techniques you can apply immediately back at work.
Following this course you will be able to:
- Recognize your own communication strengths and areas for improvement
- Communicate with people who have different styles
- Understand the role of body language, nonverbal messages, and listening
- Overcome barriers to communication
- Respond nimbly and professionally to in-the-moment conversations
- Build better working relationships
CANCELLATIONS are subject to a ten-percent processing fee if received 5 or fewer working days before the program start. REFUNDS are not granted if you cancel on or after the first day of the program. Notice may be faxed to (612) 624-5359.
Applies Toward the Following:
- Communications Certificate : Required Courses