DescriptionMaster verbal and nonverbal language skills.
In face-to-face communication, whether in-person or on a virtual meeting platform, it's not only what you say that matters, but also how you say it.
This practical course takes the guesswork out of effective communication and demonstrates how to improve face-to-face communication skills.
Through a series of interactive exercises, you will learn how to say what you mean, offer constructive feedback, defuse counter-productive power struggles, and handle difficult communication situations professionally. This course uses hands-on participation and customized role playing, by which you will acquire tools and techniques you can apply immediately to your work.
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- respond professionally during in-the-moment conversations.
- build better working relationships.
- recognize your own communication strengths and areas for improvement.
- communicate with people who have different communication styles.
- describe the role of body language, nonverbal messages, and listening.
- overcome communication barriers.
CANCELLATIONS are subject to a ten-percent processing fee if received 5 or fewer working days before the program start. REFUNDS are not granted if you cancel on or after the first day of the program. Notice may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (612) 624-5359.
Applies Toward the Following:
- Communications Certificate : Required Courses