DescriptionDevelop credibility and relationships to help your clients find solutions.
As an internal consultant, you spend a lot of time with people: understanding their problems, reviewing alternatives, persuading them to take ownership, and asking people to commit to action.
Your job is to provide expertise in the form of knowledge, experience, processes, and models to help your clients find solutions. To be successful, these technical and business skills must be backed up with sound communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of your organization.
This course will teach you to become more consultative and to develop trusting relationships with internal partners and clients, especially those who make final decisions.
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- demonstrate how to incorporate a structured consulting process, including client identification and contracting.
- develop a partnership relationship by gaining and maintaining client acceptance and trust.
- recognize and work with conflict and resistance.
- flex your personal style, utilizing various consulting roles.
- build credibility, deploy influence, and manage communication to build internal commitment.
Registering yourself with a credit card or U of M EFS number?
Select your preferred section and click Add to Cart.
Registering others or via other means (check, invoice, third-party credit card)?
Register using the Other Payment Type Form