Each year, truck traffic is increasing in Minnesota. Recently, new legislation has changed some long standing truck weight laws. Additional gross weights are possible for several commodities providing the trucks are configured correctly and the additional weight is authorized by the regulating road authority. The Minnesota Truck Weight Education Program addresses concerns from state, county, city, and township transportation authorities regarding damage from heavy trucks.
- An update of road weight limits and differences between the state and local systems
- Laws governing gross weights, axle weights, tire weights, road-restriction weights, and seasonally increased (winter and harvest) weights
- Road damage issues: how overweight trucks cost us all
- Overweight truck issues go beyond just gross and axle weights
- Classroom exercises to help you identify concerns in your own trucks
- What’s different between axle spacing? Do I have the right tires for the weight?
- Issues to consider when purchasing a new truck, or altering a current truck
Professional, easy-to understand “take home” materials to assist you with our own configurations and options
This training has been updated to reflect current truck-weight legislative changes.
Course Cancellation and Refund Policy
Since space in this course is limited and in high demand, we ask that you contact our office as soon as possible if you do not plan to attend so others on the waiting list will have an opportunity to attend. Please email: email@example.com (