PUBH X102 - NIOSH-Approved Spirometry Training
Don't just collect spirograms! Build confidence in your ability to use NIOSH-approved techniques for obtaining the best spirometric test results with a variety of clients. This 2-day workshop covers the most current standards and recent developments in pulmonary function testing. If you are an occupational health nurse, physician, industrial hygienist, technician, medical assistant, or employee health practitioner responsible for performing accurate pulmonary function testing, you will greatly appreciate this course. All participants will have ample opportunity to practice pulmonary function testing utilizing a variety of spirometry equipment with one-on-one instruction from the faculty. The course concludes with a practical exam and written multiple choice exam.
The registration fee of $450.00 includes course materials, manual, and processing of your exam, and CEU certificate.
This is a NIOSH-Approved course.
This course is eligible for 1.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) (15 contact hours).
Nurses – This activity has been designed to meet Minnesota Board of Nursing continuing education requirements for 15 (60 minute) contact hours, and ABOHN requirements for certification.
Safety Professionals – This course is designed to meet the criteria for Continuance of Certification (COC) as specified by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP).
As a result of completing this learning activity, you will be able to:
- use standardized methods to obtain acceptable and repeatable spirograms,
- correctly perform calculations for basic spirometric parameters,
- implement appropriate quality assurance procedures for spirometry equipment, and
- recognize the applications, strengths, and limitations of spirometry in the occupational health setting.
Class location is in University Office Plaza located at 2221 University Avenue Southeast, Rooms 114/116, Minneapolis, MN, 55414.
COVID-19 Safety Notice
The following guidelines have been instituted to maintain the safety of all students and faculty attending in-person courses:
- All students and faculty must wear a mask (covering both nose and mouth) while inside the building.
- Temperature checks will be conducted daily prior to entering the classroom.
- Students are asked to reschedule their course if they are not feeling well or have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 10 days.
- Students will be assigned seats spaced 6 feet apart from each other and from instructors.
- Instructional activities have been adapted to maintain a safe distance throughout the course.
- Food and drink are not to be consumed in the classroom; ample break time will be allowed throughout the course for students to leave the classroom. Additionally, a 1 hour lunch period is provided to allow students to leave the building to eat. Plan to bring a lunch or visit a nearby restaurant (many located within walking distance).
- Persons unwilling or unable to follow the above guidelines will be asked to leave the class and reschedule for a future date. Refunds will not be provided in this case.
The Midwest Center for Occupational Health and Safety reserves the right to cancel any course. In the event of cancellation, you will receive a refund of the course fee. The Midwest Center is not responsible for refund of travel or other costs incurred by registrants. The registration fee is refundable if cancellation by the registrant is received seven days prior to the course date. No refund is available after that time.
For questions regarding this course, contact Julie Alcorn-Webb at 612-626-5539 | email@example.com.