Ambiguous Loss: Its Meaning and Application
Everyone experiences ambiguous loss if only from breaking up with someone, or having aging parents or kids leaving home. As we learn from the people who must cope with the more catastrophic situations of ambiguous loss, we learn how to tolerate the ambiguity in our more common losses in everyday life. This on your own, self-paced, professional development training is open to everyone, and will provide you with the knowledge and confidence to successfully use and understand Ambiguous Loss theory in your life and work.
What you will learn:
- What it is, how to recognize it
- How it differs from other losses
- Its unique effects
- How to ease the stress of Ambiguous Loss with guidelines for therapy, psycho-education or family/community interventions
Criteria for successfully completing the training:
- Loss, Trauma, and Resilience book is required for all modules: http://books.wwnorton.com/books/detail.aspx?ID=9318
- View training videos in each module.
- Complete quizzes within each module, with a passing score of 80% before being allowed to move on to the next.
Course Enrollment Options:
You have the option to enroll in one of two different sections:
- FSoS X100-001 is the full five module course offering 15 CEUs for $500.
- FSoS X100-002 is module one, intended for those who wish to explore the course but not quite sure if the full course is for them. This course offers 3 CEUs for $100.
- FSoS X100-003 is for students who have completed FSoS X100-002 and wish to continue with modules two - five. Completion of this course provides 12 CEUs for $400. Students cannot enroll in FSoS X100-003 without first completing FSoS X100-002.