The National Maternal Nutrition Intensive course distance program will be available from September 1-December 31, 2021.
Registration will close on November 30, 2021.
The distance program will be offered at a flat rate per person, so individuals may view any combination of distance sessions. The registration fee of $25.00 per person includes program sessions and a continuing education certificate for up to 6.5 contact hours of professional continuing education or Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Viewing details and information will be sent as registration requests are received.
This continuing education program is designed for dietitians, nutritionists, certified nurse midwives, registered nurses and nurse practitioners, physicians and public health professionals who serve preconceptual, pregnant, postpartum and breastfeeding women, infants, children and families.
This activity has been submitted for approval by the Commission on Dietetic Registration for 6.5 CPEs, Level 2.
2021 conference topics include:
- Addressing Food Insecurity Before and During the Pandemic: The Role and Impact of Federal Nutrition Assistance
- Ensuring Equitable Access to Healthy Foods Through the SNAP EBT Online Program: Perceptions and Behaviors From Low-income Families in Maryland
- A Systems Approach to Food Waste Reduction
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans: An Overview
- Dietary Intake and Microbiome
- Parenting Practices and Child Obesity Risk: A Positive Deviance Approach
The purpose of this activity is to enable the learner to:
- describe ways that appropriate nutrition services can improve maternal, fetal and child health outcomes;
- describe the effects of maternal and child eating behaviors on birth outcomes, infant and child health and development; and
- identify characteristics of model programs and services for maternal, infant and child nutrition and health.
Individuals may register for the distance program with a credit card. Group registration is available. Please email email@example.com for more information.
Registration will be open until November 30, 2021. A refund for the distance program can be made if written notice of cancellation is received by December 1, 2021, and must be prior to accessing the materials. No-shows will be billed for the full amount. A full refund will be made if the program is not held. The University of Minnesota reserves the right to cancel the live or recorded program if necessary.
The distance program will be available September 1 (beginning at noon central time)–December 31, 2021. All participants must view the videos, complete evaluations and print their certificates by December 31 at 11:55 pm CST at which time the program will close.
Contact Us: School of Public Health Continuing Education firstname.lastname@example.org.