This one-day, interactive course is designed as an update for those who have successfully completed the initial NIOSH-Approved Spirometry Training within the past five years and can provide a copy of that training certificate to the course director. In this interactive workshop, an emphasis will be placed on practical aspects of spirometric testing and making sense of spirometric results. Students are encouraged to supply information on the spirometers they currently or plan to use and samples of spirograms from their work setting.
The registration fee of $295.00 includes handouts, course materials, and CEU certificate.
This is a NIOSH-Approved course.
This course is eligible for 0.8 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) (8 contact hours).
Nurses – This activity has been designed to meet Minnesota Board of Nursing continuing education requirements for 8 (60 minute) contact hours, and ABOHN requirements for certification.
Safety Professionals – This course is designed to meet the criteria for Continuance of Certification (COC) as specified by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP).
As a result of completing this learning activity, you will be able to:
- use standardized methods to obtain acceptable and repeatable spirograms,
- correctly perform calculations for basic spirometric parameters,
- implement appropriate quality assurance procedures for spirometric equipment, and
- recognize the applications, strengths, and limitations of spirometry in the occupational health setting.
Class location is in University Office Plaza located at 2221 University Avenue Southeast, Rooms 114/116, Minneapolis, MN, 55414.
- The registration fee is refundable if a cancellation request by the registrant is received seven days prior to the course start date. No refund is available after that time.
- In the event of a course cancellation, a complete refund of fees paid will be made. In the event of a cancellation, the University of Minnesota is not responsible for participant housing or travel expenses incurred by the registrants.
For questions regarding this course, contact Continuing Public Health Education and Outreach at 612-626-4515 | firstname.lastname@example.org.