DescriptionThis course is based on the Rings of Engagement, which shows the range of youth engagement and youth-adult partnerships. It teaches four ways to engage youth:
- Participation in programs.
- Fostering individual passion through experiences and activities.
- Creating space and place for youth voice in programs.
- Collective action to make change with youth and adults as partners.
Who should attend
Managers, direct service providers, part-time staff and volunteers who work with youth.
Participants can expect to
- Review and discuss case studies from programs with high youth engagement models and strategies.
- Reflect on critical readings.
- Discuss why youth take part (or don't take part) in programs, and how the youth engagement program models and strategies work in programs.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the Rings of Engagement structure.
- Make engagement plans for working with young people.
- Understand that "youth engagement is a lifestyle, not a method."
- Network with colleagues
If the Center for Youth Development cancels the course, the fee will be fully refunded. Cancellations at least one working day prior to the workshop date will be fully refunded. No refunds will be given for later cancellations. If you have any questions or need to cancel your registration, please call Colleen at 612-624-1999.
Course content questions: Nicole Pokorney, 507-536-6304, email@example.com
Registration questions: Colleen Byrne, 612-624-1999, firstname.lastname@example.org