In this lesson, you’ll explore classifications of food recalls, learn to read a product label, identify recalled product, review guidelines to follow after receiving a food recall notice from a vendor and develop a plan to respond to a food product recall.
By the end of the lesson, you’ll be able to:
- Explain the three recall classifications.
- Identify recalled food items by matching product information to recall notice.
- Hold, label, segregate and secure recalled products.
- Respond to vendor’s instructions to destroy or return recalled products.
- Develop and practice a “food recall response plan".
- Monitor Minnesota and federal recall notifications.
Visit the Extension Food Safety Website for more details or to add more courses to your cart. Each course counts for one hour and four are needed for recertification.