This online course is based on the Rings of Engagement, a framework that shows the range of youth engagement and youth-adult partnerships. It teaches four ways to engage youth:
- Participation in programs
- Fostering individual passion through experiences and activities
- Creating space and place for youth voice in programs
- Collective action to make change with youth and adults as partners
How it works
- Go at your own pace (without a facilitator) through four modules that take about 30 minutes each. Additional time spent on application activities will vary.
- Learn on your own time. Unlimited 24-hour web access to the self-guided curriculum.
- Videos and activities help you take concrete ideas back to your program for everyday use.
- Certificate of completion for 4 instruction hours is available at the end of the course. Please contact your licensing board or accrediting body to determine if this program meets eligibility to receive continuing education units.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the Rings of Engagement structure.
- Explore case studies with models and ideas for your program.
- Learn engagement strategies for working with young people.
- Understand that "youth engagement is a lifestyle, not a method."
Suggested registration fee: $25, sliding scale pricing available.
In order to make our programming accessible to a broader audience, we have implemented a sliding scale fee structure. The suggested registration fee for this course is $25. We also offer a supporter rate of $50 for those who would like to contribute toward making this programming accessible to all. We do not want cost to be a barrier to participation. If you are not able to pay the registration fee, you may take the program at no cost.
- High-speed internet access
- Computer speakers
Username or password help: firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-301-4357
Content questions: Nicole Pokorney, email@example.com