This module is designed to introduce participants to the Minnesota Responds Medical Reserve Corps, or MRC, and to illustrate how Minnesota MRC Units have been deployed, both in and out of state. It provides information regarding MRC member preparation prior to deployment as well as what a volunteer can expect at the time of deployment. It is intended to complement additional training volunteers will receive through face-to-face meetings with their local MRC Unit, online training modules recommended by MRC Coordinators, and just in time training provided on site when you participate in an actual MRC deployment or exercise.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Summarize the history and mission of the Medical Reserve Corps.
- List the types of MRC volunteers needed.
- Discuss how the Minnesota Responds MRC Registry assists coordinators in the activation of MRC Units.
- Provide examples of natural and manmade disasters.
- Provide examples of emergency and non-emergency deployments of the Medical Reserve Corps.
- Describe pre-deployment activities of the MRC member, including registration, orientation and pre-deployment training.
- Recognize the core competencies that are used to guide member training
- Describe the MRC activation and deployment procedures.
This course contributes to the following Public Health Preparedness Competencies and PHEP Capabilities:
3.0 Plan for and Improve Practice
3.3 Participate in improving the organization's capacities (including, but not limited to programs, plans, policies, laws, and workforce training).
15. Volunteer Management
Continuing Education Units
Please note that these trainings may offer different types of continuing education credits. This Learner Portal may not calculate the correct number of continuing education credits. Please refer to the Continuing Education Credits section of your course site after registration for the correct information.
This course is eligible for 0.1 CEU (1.0 contact hours) and 1 CPH re-certification credit.
Contact & Questions
For questions regarding course registration, materials, and content, please email email@example.com.
For questions regarding system access, log-in, user name, or password, please email firstname.lastname@example.org call 612-301-4357.