0.1 CEU (1.0 Contact Hours)
This module describes the hierarchy of occupational hazard controls, identifies controls and selection criteria for personal protective equipment. Additionally, the module discusses adult education and health promotion theory.
Upon completion of this module the student will be able to:
- describe the hierarchy of occupational hazard control
- identify engineering, administrative and personal protective equipment controls
- recognize the differences between the use of dilution ventilation and local exhaust ventilation (LEV) to control airborne hazards
- identify the components of an LEV system, their function, and basic design criteria for them
- discuss the use of adult education and health promotion theory in the development of occupational hazard control training programs
- identify selection criteria for personal protective equipment such as gloves and respirators.
Environmental Health Sciences
1. Describe the direct and indirect human, ecological, and safety effects of major environmental and occupational agents.
For questions regarding system access, log-in, user name, or password, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-301-4357.