0.1 CEU (1.0 contact hours)
This module provides an overview of workplace hazards including recognition of stresses in the occupational environment, routes of entry into the workplace, the relationship of dose response and identification of Occupational Exposure limits.
Upon completion of this module the student will be able to:
- Recognize biological and chemical stresses that exist in the occupational environment
- Identify routes of entry for workplace contaminants
- Understand dose-response relationships
- Identify Occupational Exposure Limits and understand the differences between regulatory (e.g., PELs) and non-regulatory (e.g., TLV) OELs
CompetenciesEnvironmental Health Sciences
1. Describe the direct and indirect human, ecological, and safety effects of major environmental and occupational agents.
For questions regarding system access, log-in, user name, or password, please email email@example.com or call 612-301-4357.