0.1 CEU (1.0 contact hour)
This module will discuss the workplace physical hazards, as well as psycho-social stresses and their effects on health.
Upon completion of this module the student will be able to:
- recognize physical stresses that exist in the occupational environment and identify workplaces in which physical stresses are likely to be found
- describe effects physical stresses can have on health
- discuss hazards associated with confined spaces
- identify the broad categories of ergonomic stresses and the musculoskeletal problems that they can cause
- discuss some of the issues that occupational health scientists currently face when dealing with workplace psycho-social stresses
CompetenciesEnvironmental Health Sciences
1. Describe the direct and indirect human, ecological, and safety effects of major environmental and occupational agents.
For questions regarding system access, log-in, user name, or password, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-301-4357.