Stepping into a supervisory role in the field of youth development is often an on-the-job learning experience. Choosing a career in youth development doesn't begin by hoping to supervise adults, manage budgets and conduct evaluations; staff enter the field because of a passion and interest in supporting youth. This training explores youth work management, leadership skills, and provides intentional strategies targeted to youth work practice.
Participant can expect to
- Develop a sense of intentionality about their role in leadership.
- Explore strengths-based leadership.
- Practice reflective learning techniques with other youth workers.
- Recognize research trends in youth work practice: professionalization and core competencies.
- Apply learning tools to crucial conversations and coaching.
What you'll have when you walk away
- Practical tools to engage your staff.
- An appreciation that the field of youth work is professionalizing.
- An understanding of the important leadership role youth work managers play within programs and the youth work field.
- New perspectives on youth work supervision.
Who should attend
Youth work managers/supervisors and volunteer managers
To cancel your registration call 612-624-1999. Cancellations up to 24 hours prior to the class will be refunded in full. No refunds will be given for cancellations less than 24 hours prior to the class.