DescriptionThis online lecture discusses the importance of developing business acumen for occupational and environmental health and safety professionals. The lecture covers basic business skills, such as budgeting and developing contracts.
At the completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe why occupational health and safety professionals in a variety of settings benefit from developing business acumen.
- Define common budgeting terms used in professional settings.
- Draft a simple budget.
- Identify common considerations when creating a contract in a professional setting.
- The registration fee is refundable if a cancellation request by the registrant is received seven days prior to the course start date. No refund is available after that time.
- In the event of a course cancellation, a complete refund of fees paid will be made. In the event of a cancellation, the University of Minnesota is not responsible for participant housing or travel expenses incurred by the registrants.
This course is eligible for:
- 1.5 contact hours of professional continuing education
- 0.15 continuing Education Units (CEUs)
For questions regarding this course, contact Continuing Public Health Education and Outreach at 612-626-4515 | email@example.com.