This online lecture by Tamara Schult, PhD, MPH introduces the concept of Total Worker Health (TWH)™ and reviews evidence for effectiveness of TWH™ approaches. Then see an introduction to how this system is implemented at the Veterans Administration (VA).
At the completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the concept of Total Worker Health™ and how it is defined by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Discuss the conclusion on the scientific evidence on the effectiveness of TWH™ interventions
- Apply the hierarchy of controls to TWH™ interventions
- Discuss the NIOSH framework for worker well-being
- The registration fee is refundable if a cancellation request by the registrant is received seven days prior to the course start date. No refund is available after that time.
- In the event of a course cancellation, a complete refund of fees paid will be made. In the event of a cancellation, the University of Minnesota is not responsible for participant housing or travel expenses incurred by the registrants.
This course is eligible for:
- 1.5 contact hours of professional continuing education
- 0.15 continuing Education Units (CEUs)
For questions regarding this course, contact Continuing Public Health Education and Outreach at 612-626-4515 | firstname.lastname@example.org.