In this lesson, you will explore the most common foodborne microbes that cause illness. Then, you’ll review foodborne outbreaks to recognize food safety risks and hazards. Next, you’ll learn safe food handling practices to prevent foodborne illness. In addition, you will learn the revised food safety requirements for Minnesota food establishments which went into effect on January 1, 2019.
At the end of the lesson, you will be able to:
- List common foodborne pathogens.
- Describe ways food becomes contaminated.
- Recognize foodborne illness risk factors.
- List three key food-handling practices to prevent foodborne illness.
- Identify required personal hygiene practices.
- Specify time and temperature control practices throughout the flow of food.
- Follow Minnesota Food Code food safety requirements.
Visit the Extension Food Safety Website for more details or to add more courses to your cart. Each course counts for one hour and four are needed for recertification.
Help with online learning