For two years, 16 schools of nursing and their universities have partnered with community-based organizations to deliver new models of healthcare and education to benefit the people served, students, and systems. Now the results of these successful partnerships have been released and are available to you!
Learn more about this initiative by joining us for a series of webinars in 2019-2020. Webinar presenters are:
- Barbara F. Brandt, PhD, EdM, FNAP, Director and Associate Vice President, National Center,
- Carla Dieter, EdD, MS, RN, Coordinator of Accelerating Initiative and Coordinator of NexusIPE© Programs,
- Theo Leeman, PhD, Research Consultant at Harder+Company Community Research,
- Accelerating Initiative NexusIPE© Team members.
Webinars will feature site leaders who will provide insight into how selected sites addressed the gap between health professions education and health care delivery in a community setting. These are real stories with real impact.
- What had to change in order for them to be successful?
- How are they doing things differently?
- What matters most and what made a difference to their patient population?
- How did the National Center’s NexusIPE© Learning System tools support the Nexus Team’s success?
When registering for multiple webinars, please select "Add to Cart" for each webinar individually. Please checkout once you have added each desired webinar to your cart.
For more information on the Accelerating Webinar Series, please visit our website.
Please note that all webinar access information will be distributed to registrants prior to the webinar date & time.
After completion of the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Discuss how the NexusIPE© team was able to implement an academic-community practice partnership, called the “Nexus”.
- Describe how a team of students and health professionals actively learned and worked together with people to improve health and wellbeing in the community while addressing the social determinants of health.
- Discuss key lessons learned from the NexusIPE© team’s work.
- Describe the application of at least one NexusIPE© Learning System tool supporting the success of the NexusIPE© program.