This course prepares physicians and other health care providers to care for people traveling to (or living in) developing countries and other settings where resources are limited.
Estimated Time To Complete
Allow 25 hours, including additional time for bonus materials.
This course enables you to:
- Provide pre-travel advice and care for patients planning to travel to developing countries.
- Diagnose and treat individuals who become ill during overseas travel or residence.
- Provide post-travel evaluation and care for patients returning from travel to developing countries.
- Diagnose and treat individuals living in the tropics and sub-tropics who are ill.
This course is composed of five sections:
- Travel Preparation
- Environmental Distress
- Special Travel Populations
- Travel Activities
- Post-travel Evaluation and Cases
Accreditation information is available here.
Contact the Office of Continuing Professional Development at email@example.com if you have questions about your CME credits.
ASTMH CTropMed® Online Exam Review
If you purchase 2 or more of our online courses you will get access to our ASTMH CTropMed Online Exam Review for free. It will become available in Canvas automatically. If you would like to view more information you can do so here.
Regular Rate: $795/course
For physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, and other health care providers
Discount Rate: $400/course
For medical trainees, including medical students, residents and fellows outside the U of M Global Medicine Pathway; retirees; active U.S. military personnel; health professionals from low and lower-middle income countries as defined by WHO; and University of Minnesota Global Medicine Pathway faculty
CDC Employee Rate: Preapproved, full-time CDC employees are eligible for a discounted rate; contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Institutions and Organizations Pricing: Volume discounts and customization options are available for your trainees. Learn more about pricing for institutions and organizations.
Applies Toward the Following:
- Clinical Tropical Medicine & Global Health Curriculum : Complete Package